Saturday, August 1, 2009

Is HM insiduous?

OK, so I'm out on Tuscarora Lake last night... 10:00 pm in a boat I bought Tuesday. A few things didn't come togethat as I had expected... afterall, the night before was really nice, and not complicated... and then...

The evening cools off... Yesterday was plenty warm and I fished untill 10:30 PM, no problem... but it's dropping into the 60's and I'm in a t-shirt and shorts...

My cell phone starts beeping... "LOW BATTERY:... not a big deal... I have another cell phone in the truck. ( one mile away by water).

The electric trolling moter is so easy to operate. I wonder how long that battery will last? No spare but I have oars. That reminds me, the oar locks must be in the truck.

To Do List:
Seat Cushion
Back up battery
warm clothes
oarlocks
anchor (the glitzy new anchor rope didn't latch right and the anchor is about 6' down and slightly to the left.)
Spare Cell Phone ( also in the tuuck)
Waterproof box to store spare cell phone, camera, a note pad (this is all from memory)
Make a check list

So I head back across the lake about 10:30. lovely moonlit evening. I Close the tackle box so that if I happen to hit a bump (in a lake?) nothing will spill... Live jacket is right there, under the oars and the poles... I wonder how difficult that is to find if you're upside down in a boat at 10:30 PM in cold water?...

You know, it's only been 27 years since I went fishing in a boat. With a buddy onboard.

What? Me Worry?

Maybe there should be a WCM version of HM! ( WCM = watercraft management vs the obvoius alternate of Boat Management)

Jeff

No comments: