Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lendon Gray Youth Dressage Festival - Dressage4kids

Today was set-up/early arrivals/pre-show jitters... well in advance of tomorrow's schooling show and the Saturday Sunday competition. Probaby about 50 horses arrived. Perfect weather!!!
What a blessing...

Bill Davis and his set-up team assembled 5 dressage rings. Laura Akin (I think this was her project) had a group of kids preparing competitor welcome buckets with plenty of freebies from sponsors. Two cutsie guys (eat my heart out) distributed D4K polos to the early arrivals (99.9% young ladies). Registration got started. So far so good.

Tomorrow is the schooling day. Easy start at 10:30 and runs till 4'ish. looks like 50 or so riders, then THE TEST at 6:00... This is the deal killer... Can cost the best riders 5 - 9 positions in the final tally... I wish our kids would figure out that you can win the show here...

It's also the day that the "committee" gets to put one round of classes under their belt and get ready for the big weekend.

Me? I'm announcing. Two sound systems. Bose acoustic wave AND my Verizon/HP mini notebook all integrated to the shound system... just watch... I'll end up broadcasting a yahoo chatroom and eat my lunch...

Pics from today are pretty bland... will get beter as weekend progresses. ( look at those great clouds)

Jeff

No comments: